My Translator is a free offline multilingual translator that helps us translate words and short text automatically from/into several languages. This application provides eight bilingual dictionaries in English-Russian (the biggest one), English-Swedish, English-Spanish, Japanese-Russian, German-Russian, French-Russian, French-English, and Italian-Russian.
This program is quite simple and easy to manage. First, we choose the languages combination, then; we type the desired word, or select it from the list. We can also type short text and translate from clipboards although these two features are very limited. The dictionaries are alphabetically divided making it possible to view the whole word list for any given letter. We have the possibility of making the dictionaries database bigger by adding new words and their translations, and new dictionaries. A speech engine tool allows us to pronounce words and listen to their pronunciations. This program does not have a help file. A major advantage is that, once downloaded, we can use this program without an Internet connection. We also can download more dictionaries from the developer's site.
- Lots of dictionaries available.
- Instant translation.
- Possibility of adding new words, dictionaries.
- It works off-line
- No words in upper case/capital.
- Some mistakes in translating/writing.
- The speech engine did not work.
- The program is quite unstable.
- We must click 3 times the window displaying an error message to be able to open the program.
- No help file.
- No uninstall option